Gut results

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

cj20

Hi,
    I’ve just received my results and have very high Proteobacteria – 79% with Firmicutes at 11.5% and Bacteroidetes at 7.5%. My most abundant microbes are Acinetobacter at 41.7%, Rhodospirillium at 10%, Providencia 8.6% and Achromabacter at 7.3%.
    I have 151 x the average leminorella and 103 x average Rhizobiacae.
    Could this be the reason I get a lot of gas, gurgling and bloating? From what I’ve read, this is an indication of inflammation, yet, I’ve had a stool test for that which came back as ok. Any ideas how to get a better gut balance? I thought I ate pretty healthily, but it doesn’t seem to be working!

Keith Bell
    Keymaster

Please post screenshots of your results. Thanks for posting. Do you have a particular health condition?

cj20

Here are my results including the full list. I have IBS which has improved since going on a FODMAP elimination diet, but the gas/bloating problem is still there. I also have intermittent issues with non-diabetic low blood sugar, I don’t know if this is reflected in the microbiome as well

Attachments:

Keith Bell
    Keymaster

Thanks again for posting and for being a self-advocate. This is quite a dysbiosis of gram-negative overgrowth associated with bloating. There’s also plenty of research evidence regarding microbial regulation of blood sugar balance.

Have you ever tried probiotics? Perhaps this imbalance can also be resolved via probiotic enema or fecal transplant (FMT). Here’s a case of autism where Proteobactereia overgrowth was treated with FMT:

Ubiome results for 2.5 yo with ASD and gut issues

Post-FMT results in detail

Keith Bell
    Keymaster

You may want to try other testing as American Gut uses a dry collection swab so Proteobacteria may tend to overgrow in their analysis.

Here are two other tests

Thryve – Gut Test and Probiotics

uBiome Stool Testing

cj20

Thank you. I haven’t tried probiotics yet, but it is something I am looking to do. I went on a FODMAP elimination diet to see if that would make a difference. I thought the problem was related to something I was eating but the gas and bloating is still there so that is my next step.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.